According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the top nine highest paying jobs in the United States are in the healthcare field. Looking at the figures for 2008 and 2009 you will see that it really pays to get an education in the medical field. This can take a lot of time though, but if you are willing to put in the effort you will easily get paid one of the best salaries in the world.
Surgeons get paid the most with an average annual salary of over $200 000. The next highest paying health care job on the list is that of an anesthesiologist. This doctor gets about $197 000 while a gynecologist or obstetrician gets in the region of $192 000.
If you look at the other 100K healthcare jobs in the list, a GP gets about $160 000 per year. Next comes psychiatrists who earn on average $154 000 per year. Following this comes a podiatrist who earns about $125 000 per year beating most lawyer’s salaries.
Now, if you still want to earn a good salary but you don’t have the willpower to study for a long period of time or if you want a change in career, you can look at some other ordinary jobs that are still paying very high salaries without an education. These are as follows:
- Elevator installers and repairers (The average pay being $67,750 and the top 10 percent earning 97,310)
- Powerhouse, substation and relay repairers (The average pay being $60,700 and the top 10 percent earning $79,940)
- Transportation inspectors (The average pay being $59,200 and the top 10 percent earning $101,010)
- Commercial divers (The average pay being $54,940 and the top 10 percent earning $97,190)
- Oil and gas rotary drill operators (The average pay being $54,370 and the top 10 percent earning $76,140)
- Power line installers and repairers (The average pay being $54,300 and the top 10 percent earning $78,780)
- Locomotive engineers (The average pay being $53,470 and the top 10 percent earning $87,040)
- Boilermakers (The average pay being $53,100 and the top 10 percent earning $76,160)
- Locomotive firers (The average pay being $52,950 and the top 10 percent earning $88,630)
- Telecommunications equipment installers and repairers (The average pay being $52,650 and the top 10 percent earning $69,470)
If you are looking to get a fulfilling career and you also want to earn a good sum of money you should think about these kinds of jobs as well as jobs in the medical field. Even if you are not a doctor, you can still earn a good salary working as a home aide, nurse, pharmacist and others. If you are thinking about applying for a high paying healthcare job you should first check out 100K Job Finder. Here you can learn all about what medical jobs there are that are high paying and you can find out about these working conditions and qualification requirements. If you don’t have a degree of any kind you should check out the good salaries you can earn working the oil industry on Oil Job Finder.
Having a good understanding of what jobs there are that pay a lot, you can easily overcome the recession and start working right away. When you join as a member of any of these sites you will have access to all the current job openings that pay very good salaries. You will learn how to write a perfect resume and you can also discover more about all the different employers that are in each database.